Radiation Therapist Position
Radiation Oncology Centers of Ventura County in coastal Southern California has immediate openings for a licensed Radiation Therapist. Current Positions Available - Part-Time, Per Diem and Full-Time
What Makes Us Different?
· Family Culture – we treat our patients and team members like family, with compassion, kindness, humor
· Personalized Care – we believe in looking at people as individuals and their conditions as unique, not just a standardized approach
· Careers, Not Jobs, Focused on Learning & Growth – learn all aspects of therapy care not just one part, work and train alongside award-winning doctors, onsite physics team, variety of conditions and patients
· New Ideas and Possibilities – where you can contribute your ideas and make things better as part of a dedicated team
· Big Company Technologies, Small Company Culture – where you can learn advanced treatments and technologies and individually make a difference
· Coastal Southern California – great communities, adjacent to the Santa Monica mountains, 10 minutes to the beach, 30 minutes to Santa Barbara, on the gateway to the LA metro area without being in it
· Moving Allowance/Sign-On Bonus – we are serious about finding the best people for our team and will bring you here wherever in the country you are
Key Job Responsibilities Include:
· Administer high quality radiation therapy as prescribed by the physician.
· Be able to work proficiently utilizing the latest treatment techniques including 3D conformal, IMRT, IGRT and SRS/SBRT.
· Verify prescribed treatment dose before each treatment; verify fields to be treated, and angles to be used.
· Assure placement of protective devices to shield otherwise healthy exposed tissue of patients.
· Simulates patients using simulator, CT scanner or other devices to accurately localize treatment areas.
· Display professional conduct essential to the well-being of the radiation oncology patient.
· Maintain accurate and detailed treatment chart documentation.
· Observe the clinical progress of the patient, use clinical decision-making skills to recognize and report any signs of complications.
· Adhere to radiation safety procedure protocol.
· Perform machine safety checks; know safe limits of equipment operations, and report abnormalities or inconsistencies to the Center Leader.
· Work closely with the Radiation Oncologist and the therapy team in the preparation of a treatment plan.
· Adhere to the Radiation Therapist Code of Ethics.
· Regular attendance and punctuality.
· Ability to be on call.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Ensures that all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
· Perform any other functions as required by management.
Minimum Education: The candidate is required to be a graduate from an accredited school of Radiation Therapy Technology with a CRT and ARRT in Radiation Therapy. New Graduates Welcome! One year of experience in radiation therapy is preferred. Required License/Certification: Current California Radiation Therapy License (CRT) and National License (ARRT). Completion of hospital requirements. Current BLS certifications.
Pay: Excellent Compensation based on experience. We offer a competitive compensation package including a competitive hourly rate, overtime, moving allowance/sign-on bonus, and benefits.
Supplemental pay types for Full-time Positions: $5,000 Sign-on Bonus, $5,000 Moving allowance.
COVID-19 considerations: Following healthcare setting guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $53 - $60 per hour
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Relocation assistance
Medical specialties: Oncology
Schedule: 8-hour shift (Monday to Friday)
Work Location: One location