Integrated Breast Program
The Integrated Breast Program and Radiation Oncology Centers of Ventura County provide comprehensive breast health care through a range of clinical and support services.
The Integrated Breast Program provides breast cancer patients with a unique, patient-centered environment for healing. The center facilitates collaboration among breast care doctors and associated providers for effective and state-of-the-art breast cancer care.
Radiation Oncology Centers of Ventura County is the only cancer center in Ventura County accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). Accreditation means the center has met performance measures, and adhering to these NAPBC standards will help ensure that our patients continue to be treated with the latest standards in mind.
Our collaborative approach includes:
- Radiation Oncologist: to provide a comprehensive consultation regarding treatment options, includes breast conservation, mastectomy or Mammosite®, Contura® and Savi®.
- Oncology Nurse Navigator: to assist in managing a patient’s cancer care. The navigator provides a point of contact for patients and is here to help guide patients through the entire cancer treatment process – from the initial diagnosis through the survivorship stage.
- Medical Oncologist: to provide breast cancer management, use of chemo and new therapies.
- General Surgeon: to provide surgical care for the cancer treatment.
- Oncology Certified Nutrition Specialist: to meet each patient’s special nutritional needs and develop dietary meal plans in English or Spanish.
- Plastic Surgeon: to provide reconstructive options and surgery if needed or desired.
- Counselors: for patients and families in need of guidance and support in English or Spanish.
- Genetic Testing
- Clinical Trials